Reinvention and innovative research are at the core of the UCLA identity. And it’s evident in the caliber of our library, which is consistently ranked among the top academic libraries in the country.
Whether on campus or online, the UCLA Library preserves cultural heritage and makes knowledge accessible. Our library system serves students, faculty and researchers of all disciplines. It is one library with many physical locations fostering productive partnerships with different communities all over campus and providing easy access to expertise, collections and services.
The UCLA Library locations play an essential role in supporting the broadest possible public access to knowledge and the historical record. Together, the 10 UC campus libraries have more volumes than the Library of Congress — and as part of the UC system, Bruins can tap into all the richness of information contained in these world-class collections. Library staff members offer students free assistance with research and writing and can help members of the community find answers and access resources quickly.UCLA Library Library Catalog Campus Locations Open Access Research Publications
Primary Research Materials
The Library discovers and acquires materials across many subjects and formats to support scholars’ needs. Library staff members collaborate with UCLA researchers to build and curate unique collections that anticipate their needs and interests.
Our special collections and archives are important primary research materials. The Library works with organizations around the world to digitize their collections for preservation and provide worldwide access.Digital Collections Online Exhibitions
More Special Collections
- Biomedical Library History and Special Collections
- Research Library Special Collections
- Clark Library (17th and 18th Century Studies)
- Richard C. Rudolph East Asian Library (Chinese, Japanese, Korean languages)
- Ralph J. Bunche Center for African American Studies Library and Media Center
- American Indian Studies Center Library
- Asian American Studies Center Reading Room
- Chicano Studies Research Center Library
- University Archives (History of UCLA)